I was searching around in my little tag box the other day and came across some wooden pieces that measure 2” X 3”. I pulled them out of the box and sat and looked at them for a while waiting for some inspriation. This is what I came up with.
Please follow along with the steps I took to achieve these cute little wooden pieces that can be used for whatever your heart desires.
1) Purchase some thin wooden rectangles that measure 2” X 3” from Michael’s or any hobby store.
2) Apply a coat of gesso on front, back and sides.
3) Apply a coat of paint on your wooden piece in the color of your choice.
4) Taking all layers apart on the tissue, leave only the layer with the image on it. (Save the remaining tissue as it is good for stamping your own images on it for another project).
5) Using a brush dipped in water, outline the image with water. This will make it easier to tear. A torn image will look much nicer than a cut image on your project.
6) Apply the image to your painted wooden piece using Matte Medium or Mod Podge. Use your heat tool to dry.